Here is a great tutorial that explains how to recycle a bath towel in beach towel with built-in pillow.
Originality? Buttons that allow you to fold the beach towel and to carry it in a bag.
This beach bag even has pockets to carry your sunscreen and your favorite book!
Don’t worry, this homemade project is really easy to doeven for people who only have basic sewing skills.
What you need
– 2 terry towels (new or old, whatever)
– a flap pillow
How to do
1. Take one of the towels and spread it out in front of the pillow.
2. Then, cut the edges of the towel, so that it is a little wider than the pillow (if necessary, you can always reduce the width later).
3. Take the other towel and wrap it around the pillow. Take care to leave a strip of the towel protruding along the bottom of the pillow.
Keep the cutouts that will be used to make the handles of the bag.
4. Remove the pillow and sew the first side.
5. Then, sew the second towel along the bottom of the pillow.
6. And now, it’s time for the edging! Take six pieces of fabric and sew them together to make a strip the same length as the towel.
7. Fold the strip in half along its entire length.
8. Then cut it lengthwise to make two equal strips.
9. Fold each strip in half and iron them.
10. Always with your iron, prepare a tuck of 1 cm on each side of the two bands, and this, over their entire length.
11. Sew the two strips on each side of the napkin.
12. Now roll up the pillow and towel to find the location of the bag’s pockets and handles.
13. Pin and sew the pockets on each side of the bag.
14. To make the handles, use the scraps of the towel that you cut to the width of the pillow.
Choose the dimensions of the handles that suit you. For my beach bag, I used handles 78 cm long and 15 cm wide.
15. Sew the handles.
16. Sew on the buttons …
17. … And finally, sew the buttonholes!
And there you have it, your beach bag that turns into a towel with integrated cushion is ready 🙂
Easy, isn’t it? In any case, I feel that you are going to make people envious on the page!
Did you do this DIY project? Tell us in the comments if you managed to do it at home. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Do you like this trick ?
Share it with your friends on Facebook.
Also to discover:
20 Great Beach Tips to Make the Most of the Vacation!
8 Tips To Avoid Losing Your Child on the Beach.