Are the car floor mats super messy and full of stains?
Normal, this is probably the dirtiest place in the car! Do you think they are unrecoverable?
Do not panic ! No need to buy new floor mats!
Fortunately, a friend who works in a car wash told me about his trick to get rubber car mats back.
Here is the most effective technique to easily clean rubber floor mats ! Look :
What you need
– White vinegar
– dishwashing liquid
– spray bottle
– stiff bristle brush
– microfiber cloth
– garden hose with high pressure sprayer
How to do
1. Fill a container with water.
2. Add a squirt or two of dish soap to it.
3. Dip your brush in the soapy water to soak it in the mixture.
4. Thoroughly scrub the carpet with the brush to remove as much traces and encrusted dirt as possible.
5. Rinse the carpet with the high pressure garden hose.
6. Fill the spray bottle with white vinegar.
7. Spray white vinegar over the entire surface of the carpet.
8. Rub it with the microfiber cloth.
9. Allow the floor mats to air dry.
And There you go ! Your plastic car mats are now very clean and like new 🙂
Easy, fast and efficient, isn’t it?
No more mud brought back after the hikes or traces of salt from the snow.
Your rubber floor mats are nickel and you don’t even have to buy new ones or go to the car wash.
It still saves a lot of money. And it’s so much nicer to drive in a clean car!
If you don’t have a garden hose with a high-pressure sprayer, rinse the rugs in the shower or tub.
By the way, if you want to clean the rest of your car, I recommend these 15 amazing tips.
Why does it work?
This washing is a really powerful professional technique.
This is a super efficient method, as the brush removes all the dirt from the corners and grooves of the carpet.
The vinegar, on the other hand, completes the work by degreasing and disinfecting the floor mats.
The final wipe clean removes the last stubborn stains or the salt marks frequent in winter.
Have you tried this economical trick for washing plastic or PVC floor mats? Tell us in the comments if it was effective. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Do you like this trick ?
Share it with your friends on Facebook.
Also to discover:
Cracra Car Mat? The Magic Cleanser To Make Them LIKE NEW!
How To Clean Car Mats WITHOUT Effort.