Before taking the plane, there are a few things you can do to make your trip as smooth as possible.
We have selected for you the 12 essential things to do before taking the plane.
Use this tip as a checklist and make sure you haven’t forgotten any of these 12 tips before you go to the airport.
1. Check the expiration date of his passport
If you are traveling outside the European Union, please make sure, before purchasing tickets, that your passport has not expired and that it will not be after the return date (some countries require several months to- beyond this date).
If your passport is no longer valid, it will give you time to go to the prefecture to redo one.
If you are traveling within the European Union, check that your identity card is valid. Otherwise, you may be prevented from leaving during customs checks.
2. Choose a good seat
Choosing your seat in advance is free with regular airlines. Don’t find yourself in a place you don’t like. Always choose your seat when purchasing your plane ticket.
This service called “speedy boarding” can be paid with low cost companies (€ 3 per trip with Volotéa, € 10 per passenger with Ryanair) or imposed.
In all cases, you are asked to present yourself at the airport 2 hours before take-off.
3. Check the weather forecast
By consulting the weather forecast, you will be able to target the clothes you need to bring, before packing your suitcase. This will allow you to travel lighter.
4. No liquid of more than 100 ml in hand luggage
If you bring cabin baggage, certain items are prohibited.
In addition to dangerous items, make sure that you do not put a bottle larger than 100 ml in your hand luggage.
Place your liquids in a transparent plastic bag with a maximum volume of 1 liter not exceeding 20×20 cm (freezer bag type).
The most annoying thing would be having your new perfume confiscated …
5. Weigh his suitcase
Excess baggage can cost up to € 10 per additional kilo. It can go up very quickly!
Weigh your suitcase before leaving and remove what is not necessary (20 kg with a regular company and 15 kg with a low cost, check with your airline).
Discover our 7 tips for traveling light.
6. Check the size of your cabin baggage
Make sure you meet airline standards and requirements before taking your flight. Passengers must respect standard dimensions and not exceed the weight of 10 kg.
The standard size at Air France is 55 cm x 35 cm x 25 cm and at Ryanair and EasyJet 55 cm x 40 cm x 20 cm (check with your company).
Be careful if the size of your cabin baggage exceeds the maximum baggage size, the company can check this suitcase in the hold and ask you to pay additional costs of at least € 35.
Check out the list of essentials to bring with you.
7. Check in online and print your boarding pass
Checking in online and printing your boarding pass in advance has 4 advantages:
• This allows you to confirm that you will be properly seated on the flight.
• You know the boarding gate in advance because it is written on your ticket.
• You save time because you do not have to go to the ticket office or to a terminal to print your ticket. If you’re late, it can make all the difference.
• You do not risk paying ticket printing fees that some low cost airlines charge, such as EasyJet or Ryanair, when you print your ticket on the spot.
8. Differentiate your suitcase
Be sure no one will mistake their suitcase for yours on the conveyor belt. A small colored ribbon can save you a lot of inconvenience.
9. Use special passport storage
Provide a small pocket where you can keep your passport, boarding pass, suitcase keys, driver’s license and any other travel document. This will prevent you from losing the important things.
Discover the little trick to have a free pouch instead of buying it.
10. Book a ride to the airport in advance
To get to the airport, you can of course take the RER if you are going to Roissy or Orly, but this is not necessarily the cheapest way.
If you are traveling as a family, it is best to book a shared taxi, it is the cheapest and safest way to get to your destination on time.
If you are leaving from another airport, carpooling is probably the most economical way.
11. Pass the controls safely
To avoid wasting time during security checks at the airport, here are 3 tips to remember:
1. Avoid high boots and shoes. Otherwise you will probably be asked to remove them.
2. Do not put on a belt and prefer jogging bottoms. Not only will it be more comfortable on the plane, but it will also allow you to go through checks faster.
3. Provide a pen so as not to waste time at the checks on arrival, and calmly fill out the forms.
12. Plan the arrival
The longer the flight, the more you will feel the need to freshen up.
1. Bring a few extra clothes that you can put on just before landing.
2. Also plan to wash yourself off: a mini dry shampoo spray to wash your hair, facial wipes, a toothbrush …
3. And provide the essentials in your hand luggage in case your checked baggage is lost (which unfortunately happens from time to time) …
Do you like this trick ?
Share it with your friends on Facebook.
Also to discover:
Top 26 Tips That Every Traveler Absolutely Must Know. The 21 is Essential!
12 Ways To Get Paid To Travel The World.