Are you going to travel by car with your cat soon?
So know that it is important to be well prepared!
Why ? Because it is the best way to travel serenely and in complete safety.
Luckily, my vet told me his secret to keeping your cat from meowing all the way.
The trick is to gradually accustom him to his transport bag several weeks before the trip. Look :
How to do
1. Put the open carrier bag in your home for several days for your cat to play with.
2. Then feed your cat right next to the bag.
3. A few days later, put his food inside the bag, leaving the bag open.
4. Once he’s accustomed to eating in it, put your cat in the bag for a few minutes while staying at home.
5. Repeat step 4 for several days so that he gets used to being in the closed carrying bag.
6. Once he’s used to his bag, put it in for short car trips.
7. Once you get used to short car trips, you can take it with confidence on a longer trip.
There you go, you now know how to get your cat used to traveling by car 🙂
Simple, practical and efficient, isn’t it?
No more trouble with your pet in the car!
With these vet tips, I’m sure your long drive with your pet will be okay!
Your cat will feel safe and happy the entire trip.
This technique works as well with a carrying bag as with a transport case.
Have you tried this technique to get your cat used to traveling by car? Let us know in the comments if it worked for you. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Do you like this trick ?
Share it with your friends on Facebook.
Also to discover:
10 Tips You Absolutely Must Know If You Have a Cat.
The Incredible Trick To Find A Lost Cat.