People often tell my grandmother how not her age …
They think she is only 60 when she is 90!
Why do they think so? Because it is always full of life!
And she decided to celebrate her beautiful age by sharing with us 45 lessons that life has taught her.
It’s short but full of inspiration. It really makes you think …
Here are the 45 life lessons from my 90-year-old grandmother :
1. Life is not always fair, but it is still wonderful.
2. When in doubt, take small steps to give yourself courage.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Don’t take yourself too seriously. No one else takes you seriously anyway.
5. Pay off your credits every month.
6. You don’t have to be always right. Agree to disagree.
7. Crying with someone by your side is more healing than crying alone.
8. Start saving today for your retirement years.
9. When it comes to chocolate, any resistance is unnecessary.
10. Make peace with your past. Thus, it will not come to spoil your present.
11. There is no shame in letting your children see you cry.
12. Don’t compare your life with the lives of others. You have no idea what they went through.
13. If a relationship “must” remain secret, it is surely that this relationship should not exist.
14. Life is too short to feel sorry for yourself. Don’t stop at the slightest failure and move on.
15. You can get through any ordeal if you know how to stay calm under all circumstances.
16. A writer does nothing but write. If you want to be a writer, write as much as possible.
17. It’s never too late to make your childhood dreams come true. But it is up to you and no one else.
18. If you want to achieve what you want in life, don’t be put off by a simple “no”.
19. Light candles, use nice linens and put on some sheer lingerie tonight. Don’t save them for a special occasion. Today is a special day.
20. Always prepare thoroughly and then let fate do its thing.
21. Get eccentric now. Don’t wait until you’re old to wear purple.
22. The most important sexual organ is the brain.
23. No one is responsible for your happiness except you.
24. With every so-called “disaster” or failure, ask yourself this question: “In 5 years, will all of this still matter?”
25. Forgive everything, everyone.
26. What people think of you is absolutely irrelevant to you.
27. Time heals almost everything. Leave time for time.
28. No matter how good or bad a situation is, it will pass.
29. Your job will not take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Keep in touch with them.
30. Never lose hope and believe in miracles.
31. What doesn’t kill you actually makes you stronger.
32. Becoming old belies the other possibility: to die young.
33. Your children will have only one childhood. Make it great!
34. Go outside every day. Miracles await you around every corner.
35. If we made one big pile with all the problems of the people, seeing those of others, we would quickly pick up our own.
36. Don’t question life, go for it and get the best out of it.
37. Get rid of anything that is not useful, beautiful, or cheerful.
38. In the end, all that matters is to have loved.
39. Jealousy is a waste of time. You already have everything you need.
40. The best is still to come.
41. It doesn’t matter how you feel today: get up, get dressed, and be where you need to be.
42. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
43. If you don’t dare to ask, you will definitely get nothing.
44. Sometimes you can keep a low profile.
45. Life isn’t presented with a pretty ribbon, but it’s the greatest gift nonetheless.
Do you like this trick ?
Share it with your friends on Facebook.
Also to discover:
12 things my grandmother told me before she died.
The 10 Things You Absolutely Must Stop Worrying About.