Salt dough is a great craft activity to do with kids.
It’s simple to do and economical. A great idea to keep them busy!
And it’s even easier and faster with a no-bake recipe.
To make your life easier, here is a recipe that a kindergarten institute gave me.
I can assure you that your kids will love to play with it for hours ! Look :
– 300 g of salt
– 375 g of flour
– 300 ml of hot water
– 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
– food coloring
How to do
1. Pour the hot water into the container.
2. Add the salt.
3. Mix well to dissolve the salt in the water.
4. Pour in the vegetable oil.
5. Put the flour.
6. Mix to have a homogeneous paste. Knead it well so that it is soft and elastic.
7. Divide it among several small bowls.
8. Add a few drops of food coloring to each bowl.
9. Mix the dough well so that the color is distributed well.
There you go, your homemade no-bake salt dough is already ready 🙂
Simple, fast and economical, isn’t it?
You don’t even need cooking! It’s much more practical that way!
All you have to do is let the children have fun with it.
What’s great is that this salt dough recipe is 100% natural and safe for children.
And this, even if they put it in their mouths.
From 2 years old, the little ones love to knead it, to roll it in their hands …
… cut it and invent little figurines that they can decorate.
Your children will imagine lots of models in salt dough, as if they were plasticine.
When they’re done playing, let their creations air dry for 2 days.
And finally, cover the objects with a thin layer of clear nail polish.
This helps protect their little masterpieces for years to come.
– If your dough sticks too much or if it is too runny, you can add a little flour.
– Food coloring has a tendency to stain, even if it comes off quite easily in washing. Watch out for clothes and the table! Protect them well.
– You don’t have to use food coloring. You can leave the paste white. After the paste has hardened, children can paint them with acrylic paint or water-based paint.
Have you tried this simple salt dough recipe? Let us know in the comments if it worked for you. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Do you like this trick ?
Share it with your friends on Facebook.
Also to discover:
How To Make EATABLE Plasticine!
Kids Love Foam Paint! Discover the Homemade Recipe Here.