With their vivid imaginations, children love creative hobbies. Remember how happy you were when, as a child, you could play all day with plasticine, shaping and deforming characters or cutting sausages with cute cookie cutters as you wish. So, allow your children to rediscover this pleasure with the added benefit of having a plasticine composed of natural ingredients, edible and safe for health. In addition, many dough recipes sometimes contain ingredients that are less easy to find or that we do not always have (cream of tartar, cornstarch such as cornflour, baking powder, etc.). In this great 100% natural homemade plasticine recipe, everything is easy from the ingredients to the preparation!
You will need the following ingredients:
-1 cup of wheat flour
-½ cup of fine salt
-2 teaspoons of baking soda
-1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
-1 cup of hot water
-A few drops of food coloring
You can double or triple the doses if you want.
How to make this homemade plasticine recipe
1) Put the dry ingredients (flour, salt and baking soda) in a saucepan.
2) Then add water and oil to cook over low heat while stirring with a wooden spoon.
3) Then heat until thickened. When the dough begins to peel and have the right consistency (soft and malleable), remove it from the heat.
4) Let your plasticine ball cool in a bowl, then take the time to mix it well.
5) Make pieces the size you want before adding food coloring while continuing to knead. This will allow color these little bits evenly. If you only have primary colors, feel free to mix food coloring to create unique colors and multi-colored pasta. If you have natural dyes and pigments or glitter, this may also be suitable for obtaining a colored paste.
Once the play session is over, you can save your own non-toxic homemade play dough in the refrigerator for several months, in an airtight jar. You can even use the airtight can of an old, dried play doh plasticine if you have it. This will prevent it from hardening in the open so that your little ones can have long fun with it.