Do you need a package to wrap a gift?
No need to buy gift wrap! It is not cheap and it is neither very original nor ecological …
Got newspaper and an empty cereal box?
Then you have enough to make an adorable little gift bag for next to nothing!
Do not worry ! It’s super easy to do in minutes.
here is the easy tutorial to make a gift bag with newspaper. Look :
What you need
– 2 sheets of newspaper
– a few pieces of cardboard
– a ruler
How to do
1. Put two sheets of newspaper on top of each other.
2. Cut a rectangle of about 40 cm by 21 cm.
3. Place this rectangle in front of you horizontally. Remember to put the prettiest side facing the table.
4. Make a 3cm fold inward lengthwise at the top of the rectangle
5. Make a 5cm fold inward lengthwise at the bottom of the rectangle.
6. Make 4 vertical folds of 11 cm, 7 cm, 11 cm and 7 cm. The 11cm pleats will form the front and back of the bag and the 7cm pleats will form the sides.
7. Make a fold of 1.5 cm on the right side, to glue the sides of the bag.
8. Cut two strips of cardboard 10.5 cm by 2.5 cm
9. Glue the two strips on the two widest parts of the newspaper, at the top just under the fold.
10. Glue the horizontal fold from the top to the inside. It covers the two strips of card stock.
11. Put glue on the 1.5 cm fold. Fold it over to the opposite side. You get a rectangle.
12. Turn the bag over so that the 5 cm fold is at the top.
13. Fold each side inward, making a triangle, as if you were wrapping a gift.
14. Put glue on the two triangles and fold them inwards. This will form the bottom of the gift bag. After turning the bag over, squeeze the inside to make sure the bottom of the bag is secure.
15. Cut a 10cm by 6cm rectangle out of card stock. Put it at the bottom of the bag to strengthen it and hide the folds.
16. Make two holes on each side of the bag to pass the cords. If you have an eyelet punch, you can use metal eyelets.
17. Pass the cords through them and tie knots at each end. You have made the handles of your bag.
There you go, your homemade newsprint gift package is ready 🙂
Easy, fast and economical, isn’t it?
You will see, it is not complicated to do. And the result is really great!
Your gift bag is free and you can personalize it as you wish.
You can choose a journal with pictures of your favorite sports team, or a crossword … a topic that interests the recipient of your gift.
In addition, it allows you to use and recycle your old newspapers or magazines. Convenient !
Have you tried this trick for making a gift bag with newspaper? Let us know in the comments if it worked for you. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Do you like this trick ?
Share it with your friends on Facebook.
Also to discover:
How to make an original newspaper gift bag.
Stop It All and Check Out This Awesome Gift Wrapping Tip in the Blink of an Eye.