A duvet takes up a lot of space in the closet!
Especially when you don’t know the right technique to fold it …
Fortunately, there is a grandma’s trick to folding a quilt and saving a lot of closet space.
Don’t worry, folding is easy. Even your grandmother could do it! Look :
How to do
1. Lay the quilt out flat in front of you.
2. Fold the quilt in half. The underside of the duvet is therefore above.
3. Then fold half of the part you just folded towards you. The prints are now on top.
4. Turn this part that you just folded back towards you: it goes under.
5. Then fold the quilt to a third of its width.
6. Fold down the last third of its width.
7. Lay the duvet thus folded in 3 flat in front of you.
8. Fold the other end to a quarter of the length.
9. Fold again.
10. Then another time.
11. Now tuck the duvet into the 1st fold you made.
There you go, you now know how to fold a duvet to save space in the closet 🙂
Easy, fast and efficient, isn’t it?
No more full closets because of poorly stored duvets!
Obviously, this trick works just as well for quilts, bedspreads, quilts and blankets.
Have you tried this grandmother’s trick for folding the duvet? Let us know in the comments if it worked for you. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Do you like this trick ?
Share it with your friends on Facebook.
Also to discover:
Finally a Tip To Fold a Fitted Sheet Easily.
The Compactor: Vacuum Storage To Save 4 Times More Cabinet Space.