Need to drill a straight hole, but you suck at DIY?
No need to buy a drill press to make a perfectly straight hole!
Luckily I know a carpenter tip for always drill straight out when making vertical holes.
It’s super easy, just attach a small round spirit level to your drill. Look :
What you need
– 1 round spirit level, like this one
– Double-sided tape
– 1 small metal square
– cordless drill-driver
How to do
1. Take the round spirit level.
2. Glue it to the metal square with a piece of double-sided tape.
3. Position the drill vertically.
4. Glue the round spirit level + the square on the drill, so that the level point up when the drill is vertical.
5. Drill the hole with the drill.
There you go, now you know how to drill a perfectly straight hole with a drill 🙂
Easy, fast and efficient … right?
This trick works to drill holes vertically in all supports: wood, tiles, concrete, brick, metal …
No need to buy a drill block like this!
Not only is it expensive, but you can never find it when you need it!
Also note that some models of electric drill are already equipped with a spirit level.
The even simpler method!
If you don’t have a small metal square or double-sided tape, know that there is a second method.
To attach the bubble level to your screwdriver, all you have to do is use super glue gel, like this one. Look :
How to do
1. Take your bubble level.
2. Apply a few drops of super glue to the back of the spirit level.
3. Glue the spirit level to the back of the screwdriver.
Have you tried this carpentry trick to make perfectly straight holes? Let us know in the comments if it worked for you. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Do you like this trick ?
Share it with your friends on Facebook.
Also to discover:
The Foolproof Tip for Drilling a Perfectly Straight Hole with a Drill.
The Trick To Catch Dust When Drilling A Hole.