Christmas is coming very quickly and with it all these decorations, ornaments and lights …
But do you have any ideas to easily decorate your home?
Don’t let the stress of decorating make you lose the Christmas spirit.
Here are 35 Christmas decorating ideas that will bring joy to your home this holiday season:
1. Add lanterns to your decoration
You can put candles inside or (as below) fill them with ornaments and lights for a nice Christmas decor.
2. Adopt different colors
Christmas decorations don’t have to be all about red and green. Try out different color combinations to see what appeals to you.
You can use paper or fabric to make your banner. In both cases, you bring a very pleasant homemade touch to your living room.
4. Add natural elements to your decor
Add pine cones and other rustic elements to your decor to create a natural and festive atmosphere.
5. Be artistic with children
Christmas is a time to spend with the family. Why not take the opportunity to make the Christmas decoration together? This reindeer painting is a prime example.
6. Make a wall of Christmas balls
This is the kind of decoration that will talk! All you need are some ribbon, Christmas baubles (a good bundle!) And a staple gun. It is true that it can take time, but the result is incredible.
7. Use old Christmas cards
Don’t know what to do with all those old Christmas cards? Make yourself an adorable collage.
8. Use photos on gifts instead of labels
This little idea can make the difference. Your gifts will thus have a personal touch that your loved ones will surely appreciate.
9. Fill your apothecary jars with Christmas treats
It’s a simple and affordable way to decorate Christmas using products that are already in your home.
10. Put Christmas stockings in unusual places
For Christmas dinner, you can put each family member’s Christmas stockings on their respective chairs. You can also put them on the stairs of the house.
11. Try a different Christmas tree
If you have limited space or want to try something different, why not give it a go, like this Christmas tree hanging on the wall?
12. Add Christmas decor that matches the colors of your room
For a more sober design, but just as festive, use colors already present in your room.
13. Make papier-mâché ornaments
Use papier mache and a bit of glitter to create a unique ornament for your Christmas tree.
14. Use glass jars to create a Christmas mood
Glass jars are a cute and inexpensive idea that you can add to your decor. You can fill the bottom of the jar with salt or baking soda to make it look like snow.
15. Turn your fridge into a snowman
Super easy and super cute, this decoration will make children and adults smile.
16. Use Christmas music as inspiration for the decor
What would the holidays be without Christmas carols? If you have musical instruments at home, use them to create a nice metallic vibe.
17. Store cutlery in Christmas socks
You can either knit them yourself or buy cheap ones. In both cases, you will have an original decoration for your Christmas table.
18. Fill your wreath with pine cones
Christmas wreaths don’t have to be green. Be original by adding natural elements like pine cones and berries to your wreath.
19. Use barley sugar as a decoration
This candy cane shaped candy has become an instantly recognizable symbol of Christmas. Hang them on your windows for a simple and warm Christmas decoration.
20. Use modern ornaments to make an original Christmas wreath
You can use any color or size of ornament that matches your interior design.
21. Make your own advent wreath
For a change, why not make your own advent wreath? This will give an even more special personal touch to your decor. This one is adorable:
22. Scatter gifts around your home
It’s a super easy and economical idea to make to spread the Christmas spirit in your home. You can use the empty boxes for your Christmas shopping.
23. Decorate white Christmas baubles as a snowman
Another easy way to get your kids involved in Christmas decoration. You can also use old ping-pong balls.
24. Birch wood is a beautiful decorative element
A few pieces of birch, as in this example, bring a very pleasant touch of wood. Doesn’t that make you want to take the candle in your hands?
25. If you have shutters, use the slits to put garlands
Use the elements of your home to your advantage to make a personalized Christmas decoration.
26. Create an interactive, life-size Christmas calendar
Fill each bag with a Christmas surprise. Your kids will love this!
27. Use your Christmas cards to make a Christmas tree
Another simple idea to reuse all those Christmas cards. All you need to do is hang them on the wall!
28. Turn pine cones into miniature Christmas trees
Glue a star on the top of the pine cones and place them on candle holders to decorate your Christmas table.
29. Decorate your piano
Put some garlands on top of your piano to decorate it in Christmas colors.
30. Hang Christmas baubles on your curtains with matching ribbons
A simple way to add some Christmas whimsy to your windows.
31. Add Christmas cushions where you can sit
Put a few cushion covers in Christmas colors on your sofa, chairs, etc. You can even put some in your locker room like in the example below.
32. Don’t forget to decorate the interior of your front door
Lots of people put garlands on the outside of the door, but why not add a little spice to the interior too? This way your guests benefit when they go out and when they come into the house.
33. Surprise your guests with a decorated headboard
Put your guests in the Christmas mood by adding a luminous Christmas garland to the headboard. You can even add matching pillows to make them feel right at home.
34. Bring Christmas to the Kitchen
I don’t know if it’s the same for you, but my family spends a lot of time in the kitchen during the holidays. Buy a little Christmas tree to put it on the table or hang garlands in your closets.
35. Put Christmas gifts in your condemned fireplace
While you won’t roast chestnuts over an open fire, that doesn’t mean you have to forget to use it for decoration. Put a few gift boxes like in the photo below to create a festive mood.
Do you like this trick ?
Share it with your friends on Facebook.
Also to discover:
How I Make Super Christmas Balls in 10 Min.
2 Tips to Make Your Christmas Tree Last Longer.